Digital CMO Digest may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from periodically to ensure that you are alright with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2012 and has been updated since.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you sign up to our newsletter or register for information. It could be:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about industry trends, news, new offerings or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. Further, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about unrelated services, which we consider may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third-party use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form through which we collect your data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services for statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similar to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. To know more about our cookies policy, click here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. Here is our contact information:
- Phone: +1-631-230-2629
- Address: 2301, Leghorn Street, Mountain View, CA 94043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Access to Information
Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using our contact details.
Digital CMO Digest processes personal data as a controller as well as a processor as defined in the Directive of 1995 and the GDPR from May 25, 2018. Digital CMO Digest will be the controller of user data as you enter into an agreement with us when using our website. When it comes to respondent data, in accordance with Directive and GDPR, the user is the controller and Digital CMO Digest is the Processor. All the data that is collected by Digital CMO Digest through surveys is stored and transferred internally securely. The data is stored in secure Amazon Web Services hosting facilities. We have an agreement with Amazon Web Services pertaining to the security of the data.
We can be contacted to:
- Access request for your information that we have
- Correct information that we have about you
- Delete the information that we have about you
Although we do not have a specific data protection officer at the current time, if you have questions related to Digital CMO Digest’s data collection and storage practices, we can be contacted at:
- Address: 2301, Leghorn Street, Mountain View, CA 94043
- Phone: 650-386-5338
- Email: email@example.com
Following are your fundamental rights pertaining to the collection, storage and usage of your data:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to know the purpose behind collecting data pertaining to you.
- Right to access: You have the right to know the kind of information that is stored and how it is processed.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to have your personal data rectified if you find it inaccurate/incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to get your personal data deleted without citing any reason for doing so.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to limit or restrict the processing of data related to you.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to retain and reuse your personal data for your own personal use.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your personal data. An example would be usage of your data for marketing.
- Rights against automated decision making and profiling: You have the right to not be subjected to a decision that may have legal bearing or is a result of automated processing.
Most of the services that we provide do not require you to part with any form of data through means like registration forms, and this allows you to access our website without really telling us who you are, but there might be some services or access to certain parts of the website that need such data. If you choose not to give us the data that we request, we might not be able to respond to the queries that you may have, or you may not be able to access certain parts of our website.
EU-US Privacy Shield: For the personal data that we receive from EEA, we remain compliant with EU-US Privacy Shield as specified by the United States Department of Commerce pertaining to personal data collection, retention and use from EU countries. We adhere to the Privacy Shield principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfers, security, data integrity & purpose limitation, access and recourse, enforcement and liability when processing personal data from the EEA in the US.